Hi, I'm Philip Kerrigan and I'm supporting Lauren with the patient and public involvement and engagement (PPIE) on this project. I am a Research Project Manager in the Department of Health Sciences at the University of York where I am involved with a number of projects. These include the NIHR programme grant Community-based Behavourial Activation Training for Depression in Adolescents (ComBAT) and supporting the Director of the newly launched Institute for Mental Health Research at York (IMRY), Professor Lina Gega. My academic journey to Health Sciences has been perhaps a slightly unconventional one. My background is in the History of Art and Science and my PhD looked at the influence of Charles Darwin on a number of his contemporaries in the world of botanical art and garden design. Following this I supported the development and management of two cross-faculty health research centres funded by Wellcome Institutional Strategic Funding at the University for ten years. During this time my research interests broadened out to exploring the relationship between mental health, the creative arts and the natural world. I am a passionate champion of all things PPIE and co-production related and also have lived experience of mental ill health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Co-producing reporting guidelines for targeted learning studies

The 'Table 2 fallacy'