12th December 2022

Introducing Noemi:

Hi, I’m Noemi. For the RAPPORT project I am providing expert input around the technical aspects of ‘targeted learning’ and ‘causal forests’.

I am a Health Economist, based at the Centre for Health Economics (CHE) at the University of York. My research has focussed on evaluating the causal impact of interventions and policies on health. Thanks to funding by the Medical Research Council, I currently lead a research team that investigates how machine learning techniques could be employed for better targeted health policies. As part of the Global Health Economics team I also do research  on health policy issues in low- and middle-income countries, for example the physical and mental health impacts of conflict violence. In my free time I enjoy outdoors things like hiking or cycling, and indoors activities such as playing music on my recorder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Co-producing reporting guidelines for targeted learning studies

The 'Table 2 fallacy'